Monday, March 29, 2010

Shark: The Gateway to Death

Author's Note: At last another irony. It's been a while since I wrote and irony. This piece came from nowhere and everywhere. I am a mystery to myself.

Stuck in the water with no where to go. Treading water, and struggling to breathe. Death would be easier but I don't want to die. Slowly, gracefully a fin pierces the stillness of the water. It slowly circles around me, waiting for a chance to strike. Seeing an opening the beast of the deep sinks its teeth deep into my leg and I have to unleash a punch that sends it back. The water is now a deep red with my blood and the world is spinning. I fight the pain and the shark with my ebbing stength. The monsterous animal bites again and again. Finally I give up the losing battle and let myself be dragged into those beautiful, deadly teeth. My desperate struggle against the everlasting night is over as my gateway closes and bliss swallows the world.

4 comments:

  1. That was really good! And kind of scary. You described the situation well, and had a lot of nice vocabulary. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this piece because it shows what a shark really means to you. There is a very good voice in here, and I really like how you used this format.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could picture it really well, but I could see other meaning. It was really cool, but it made me sad. (which is a good thing, because you added a lot of feeling in it) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was freaky, but in a good way! Irony is definitely something you do well. This would make a cool poem, but I like the short paragraph-story format, too.

    ReplyDelete