Friday, March 4, 2011

Author's Note: I didn't name this piece because it doesn't need a name. This is designed to be whatever you think it is.

It seeps in like a living thing. Shadows wave without light and yet are visible. It slinks in, slowly waiting. Observing it's prey with constant intensity. Eternally waiting with ever decreasing patience. Living in the spotlight yet not seen by mortal eyes. Not dark but not light, but caught somewhere in between. Filled with nothing, and knowing everything. Killing is not it's job, though the aftermath of it is death. Slowly sinking in and filling your consciousness and destroying everything that was "real". Nothing is safe from it's prowling nature. Cracking your mind like a walnut it will ask the questions that most people live in fear of. People cower from these questions, and only a brave few ponder them. People think they know how the world works but they know nothing. The beast never receives and answer so it slinks away, joining the hunt again.

3 comments:

  1. This entry did exactly what you wanted it to do. It left the reader to take it in and construct their own meaning of it, but I feel as if I was left wanting more. Maybe think about making it longer into a fiction story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caitlin is so right about what she said how it left the reader having to make their own meaning out of it. I also agree with how you should make it longer, because I think that would turn out really cool. I like your word description, and if I had to say what I think my meaning was about this, I think it it seems like something was gonna eat me... but good job anyways:)

    ReplyDelete