Thursday, May 19, 2011

My niece

Author's Note: As many of you know I became an uncle this Tuesday. She is a healthy baby girl and is a whopping 5 lbs. 12 oz. I noticed something while holding her that really inspired me to write this. I don't normally write anecdotes so this felt nice to write.


So last night I was visiting my sister in the hospital and I was holding my niece in a rocking chair while she was sucking on her pacifier. This happened like five or six times so I know it isn't coincidence. She would push the pacifier out of her mouth and when I would try to put it back in she wouldn't open her mouth. So after two or three minutes of increasing anger, she would begin to cry and flail her arms. When this happened I would have to push the pacifier back in, otherwise she would just get madder and madder. It's amazing how such a little thing can get so angry. I realized that even though she was only two days old she has emotions and feeling just like any adult. For her tiny size, she's also really strong. It always makes my day better when I get to see her, and it makes me sad when I don't. That's also where I want to be right now so I'm going to stop writing before I get angry.

3 comments:

  1. You know, when I read posts like this it always leaves me wondering exactly why have you abandoned the format that we need to make a clear point? Where is the thing you draw from this very cool, very human moment you chose to share? Let's get connected to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she sounds really cute! Babies are so interesting to be around because they're so new to the world and (hopefully) see it completely free of any problems besides the trivial "I'm hungry", "please change my diaper", and things like that. But yet, as you said, they make their little problems seem so real, like an adult would. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode!

    >> Minecraftcodes.info <<

    ReplyDelete