Friday, February 12, 2010

Lightning

Author's Note: Not sure where this came from. I was a little depressed that day so I wrote an irony.

The dark storm rages against the town, hurling all of it's might on the people. Howling like a banshee, the wind whips through town sending the little children into their parents arms. Not a soul dares venture outside the fortresses that are their houses. A mighty roar shakes the ground, announcing that thunder is here. With a blinding flash of light that illuminates every single blade of grass, a bolt of lightning rips through the sky and strikes the tree on top of the hill that over looks the town. The tree ignites as every eye watches it. The burning of the tree is Mother Nature sending a warning "I am Mother Nature and I will destroy all who stand before me" and this message goes straight to the heart of every citizen in town.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really good. I felt as though I were there myself. The vocabulary is also really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you incorporate the apocolypse into every piece. As I read, I felt like this was the beginning of the end.

    ReplyDelete